India is the second most populous country in the world with a population of 1.3 billion. According to a report by the Internet and Mobile Association of India (IAMAI), internet penetration in India was around 36% at the end of FY 2019, with 451 million monthly active internet users. India comes second only to China in terms of internet users.
Digital marketing is the process of marketing products or services on digital platforms through the internet. With the increasing use of technology, digital marketing is evolving rapidly, with new technologies such as speech recognition, artificial intelligence, and social media playing a significant role.
It is safe to say that as long as we have the internet and continue to embrace new technologies, digital marketing will continue to thrive. This presents a huge opportunity for digital marketing companies in India, given the size of the target audience and the increasing number of internet users.
Here are the top reasons why Digital Marketing is important in India:
- Audience Reach: The percentage of internet users in India is rapidly increasing, with a penetration rate of around 36%. Similarly, the number of mobile users in India has also grown significantly. According to market research firm TechARC, as of December 2019, India had a total of 402.2 million smartphone users. By December 2022, this number is projected to reach around 442.5 million. This indicates that the online market in India is poised for continued growth, and businesses have the opportunity to capitalize on this trend and expand their reach.
- Millennial Generation: The Millennial generation is also known as Generation Y, and typically includes individuals between the ages of 18 and 35. This generation is often referred to as the 'Internet generation', as they have grown up with access to digital technology and are highly proficient in using it.Due to their familiarity with technology, the younger generation tends to conduct extensive research before making a purchase or using a service. This makes them an ideal target audience for businesses looking to promote their products or services online. There are many reasons why the Millennial generation is a valuable demographic to target, including their large numbers, their familiarity with digital platforms, and their tendency to engage with brands through social media.
- >> These people use mobile device more frequently than computer.
- >> Most of them don't like to go marketplace for buy a product, they prefer online shopping from Amazon India, Myntra and other e-commerce platform.
- >> Most of the time they are connected with the social media and these are the best medium for the user engagement purpose.
- Accessible: With the help of internet, you can market your product or services immediately. You don't need a huge budget for branding on Television and Hoarding ads. There are few simple steps for getting your online presence.
- Responsive Website: The first and the most important is a responsive website. With the help of so many platforms like Wordpress, Wix, Shopify, Magento and customized website development having a user friendly responsive website with all the necessary features that fulfill all your business needs.
- Product or Service Presence: Most of the users are using internet for the social media or they are searching something on the internet so the presence of our product or service on Internet is very important. Most of the companies are using paid ads on Google and Social media likes Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter and many more.
- Tracking: Tracking is one of the most important parts for a business growth. Digital marketing gives you an option to track the entire user's activity. The points are... In this way we get genuine product/service feedback, how well our product or service is in the market, Who is the leader in the market, How our campaign performing in the targeting location, What is the revenue and ROI.
- Re-Marketing or Retargeting: A successful business has large number of returning user. In the digital marketing we can reconnect with our user who engaged with our product or service. For example if someone have ever shopped online on leading ecommerce portal like Amazon and Flipkart, you have noticed that all the products you have visited or add in your cart will be showing in all the websites you have visited after that. This process is called Remarketing/Retargeting.
CONCLUSION: Digital Marketing in India is important as
- The number of internet users and Smartphone is going to increase day by day and reach around 450 Million by 2022.
- Millennials will be the predominant adult generation by 2020 which means your brand or product should be present on the internet if you are willing to be still in business.
- Cost-effective means of advertising compared to traditional media like: Television ads or Road side Hoardings.
- User Tracking availability to calculating the right ROI (return on investment) which is not available with traditional media advertising.
- Re-Marketing or Retargeting users which helps you to re-engage with an audience who have taken the desired action on your website.
Powered by Froala Editor